** IMPORTANT MEETING CLOSINGS / RELOCATIONS / EVENT CANCELLATIONS **
PDF FLYER: CVANA_COVIDMeetings_3.30.2020
Meetings & COVID-19:
The Public Information (PI) subcommittee is working with the Champlain Valley Area of Narcotics Anonymous to ensure NA meetings are available to addicts during the COVID-19 pandemic. As this situation unfolds there has already been an impact on meeting spaces in the Champlain Valley Area. In accordance with the group autonomy described in Tradition 4, each home group will be responsible for determining their groups contingency plan. As more information is available, this website will be updated or you can call the Area phone line (802-862-4516 or toll-free 866-580- 8718) for more information. We Do Recover.
Closed Recovery Centers/Meeting Spaces:
- The Turning Point Center of Chittenden County has closed its doors effective immediately.
- Act One detox is closed to the public, but still accepting detox clients.
- The “Red Door Church”, 1st United Methodist Church, 21 Buell Street, Burlington, VT, is closed for meetings.
- First Congregational Church of Burlington is closed for meetings.
- The Experience, Strength, & Hope group on Monday will meet at 8:00-9:00pm and held via video conference only. Follow this link to join via Zoom or call (312) 626-6799 and enter code: 200-842-391#
- The Beautiful Addicts group on Monday & Thursday from 12:00-1pm will be held via video conference only. Follow this link to join via Zoom app or call (312) 626-6799 and enter code: 503-569-334#
- The Beautiful Addicts group on Tuesday from 6:30-8pm will be held via video conference only. Follow this link to join via Zoom app or call (312) 626-6799 and enter code: 539-317-321#
- The Beautiful Addicts group on Wednesday from 7:30-8:30am will be held via video conference only. Follow this link to join via Zoom app or call (312) 626-6799 and enter code: 526-813-101#
- The Hope Without Dope group on Wednesday from 7:30-9:00pm will be held via video conference only. Follow this link to join via Zoom app or call (312) 626-6799 and enter code: 645-675-438#
- The Never Alone group on Thursday from 6:30-8pm will be held via video conference only. Follow this link to join via Zoom app or call (312) 626-6799 and enter code: 201-402-896#
- The Courage to Change group on Friday from 6:30-8pm will be held via video conference only. Follow this link to join via Zoom app or call (312) 626-6799 and enter code: 348-452-102#
- The All R Welcome group on Sunday from 6:00-7pm will be held via video conference only. Follow this link to join via Zoom app or call (312) 626-6799 and enter code: 739-744-832#
- The Live NA group is a newly-formed meeting that happens Monday at noon, Tuesday 6:30pm, Wed 7:30 am, and Thursday at noon in the bandshell in Battery Park at 1 North Ave. in Burlington VT
- The Free, Clean, and Serene group is still meeting in-person. Thursdays from 7-8pm at North Central Vermont Recovery Center (MAP) 275 Brooklyn Street, Morrisville, VT
- The When Enough is Enough group in Barre on Sunday from 5:30-6:30pm will be suspended until notice.
- The Straight Talk group in Montpelier on Tuesday from 7-8pm will be suspended until further notice.
Service Committee Meetings:
- The Hospitals & Institutions (H&I)/PI Subcommittee meeting at 12pm and the Champlain Valley Area Service Committee (CVASC) meeting at 1:45pm on Sunday, March 29th will be moving to a remote meeting format. Follow this link to join via Zoom app or call (312) 626-6799 and enter code: 739-744-832#
A Message from NA World Service:
We have had many inquiries and questions about health concerns regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19). While it is not our role to make statements regarding health issues, we encourage NA groups to discuss the situations you are facing and the options you have to provide safe environments for those who attend your meetings. Groups may want to consider asking members to temporarily stop some of the common practices found at NA meetings such as hugging or shaking hands, or offering refreshments. You may also want to consider alternatives to “circling up” at the end of the meeting. – NA World Service
CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES
24 hr Helpline: (802) 862-4516 or (866) 580- 8718 toll free
Our message is Hope. Our promise is Freedom.
Our hope is, “That no addict seeking recovery need ever die from the horrors of addiction.” Our message is, “That an addict, any addict can stop using drugs, lose the desire to use and find a new way to live.” Our promise has allowed many addicts to find freedom from active addiction.
The Champlain Valley Area of Narcotics Anonymous began with a single meeting in Burlington, Vermont in 1985 (which is still in existence). Our fellowship grew and several meetings started in the Burlington area. In 1990, CVANA held its first convention, attracting recovering addicts from all over Vermont and New England. NA has continued to grow as more and more addicts join our fellowship and learn to live life without the use of drugs. Today, we hold 22 weekly meetings throughout Chittenden, Washington, Lamoille, Franklin, Caledonia, and Orleans County.
Narcotics Anonymous is a non-profit fellowship of men and women for whom drugs have become a major problem. We are recovering addicts who meet regularly to help each other live drug-free. It costs nothing to attend an NA meeting. There are no dues or fees; the only requirement for membership is the desire to stop using. This is a program of complete abstinence from all drugs, which includes alcohol. Our fellowship focuses on recovery from the disease of addiction, an individuals drug (or drugs) of choice is unimportant. Anyone may join us regardless of age, race, sexual identity, creed, religion or lack of religion. Our primary purpose as an organization is to carry a message of recovery to the still suffering addict. Hopefully, our fellowship may be of benefit to you, your group or your organization.